With the first case of COVID-19 confirmed in Launceston, please be vigilant. If you are symptomatic and suspect Coronavirus, PLEASE CALL PUBLIC HEALTH on 1800 671 738.
If deemed to be high risk you will be allocated a patient identification number then asked to call Launceston Pathology who will book you in for swab testing between 2-4 weekdays, or alternatively you will be asked to present to the LGH for testing if out of hours.
Please do not present to a GP practice unless Public Health have deemed you as low risk, as only the main site for Pathology and the LGH are set up for and able to test for the virus.
In view of Coronavirus we ask that if you need a support person when attending a regular appointment please bring only one other person with you to the surgery.
Simple things you can do to protect yourself and others from novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Wash and Dry your hands often, with soap and water. Germs can spread through hand contact. Wash your hands before touching your face (especially lips, mouth, nose, eyes), food and drinks, and after coughing, sneezing and going to the toilet.
- Wash and dry your hands well. Make sure the soap and water come into contact with your whole hand – Palms, backs of hands, thumbs, fingetips, wrists and the webbing between your fingers. Rub your hands for 15-20 seconds, or for as long as it takes to sing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song slowly.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. If you don’t have a tissue, use the inside of your elbow. Put used tissues in the rubbish straight after using them (don’t keep germs in your pocket!) and then wash your hands.
- Keep your distance. Try to keep a metre ( a large step) from people who are coughing or sneezing.
- Call for advice. If you are symptomatic and think you might have COVID-19, phone Public Health on 1800 671 738 for advice. Protect others by washing your hands and keeping your distance.